Shipping & Delivery
reservoir logs deliver firewood in 3 main ways:
- Overnight Parcel Delivery
- Pallet Delivery
- Free Local Area Delivery
- The shopping cart will offer you various types of delivery dependent upon the weight of logs you order and the delivery destination address.
- If you would like to discuss delivery options with a person please contact our customer service team at 0800 112 3799 from 8am until 9pm – 7 days a week.
OVERNIGHT PARCEL DELIVERY
- We offer an overnight service for anything under 10 nets of logs. The more you buy the cheaper they become overall.
- The logs are shrink wrapped in their nets and you receive them like any other mail order parcels (only heavier). Instructions are given to the courier company to either leave with a neighbour or discreetly on your property. The shrink wrap means they won’t get wet for lying in the rain for a few hours.
- Our courier service is Monday to Friday. Saturday delivery is available but expensive and Sunday is out – sorry! Remember – you don’t need to be in as the driver can drop a card and leave them around your property on request (or with a neighbour).
- If you need to be in for the delivery we’re sorry that we can’t give a specific time at this stage (WIP) so you’ll have to pull an all-dayer.
- Orders received before 12pm will be delivered the following day with the exception of orders placed after 12pm Thursday (delivery will be Monday) and bank holidays (delivery will be Tuesday for orders placed after 12pm the preceding Thursday and before 12pm the preceding Friday. Orders received after 12pm on Friday before a Bank Holiday Monday won’t be delivered until the following Wednesday)
- If you are placing an order for more than 10 nets and you aren’t in our Local Delivery Area then the pallet option will be shown at checkout. Dependent upon your address we can offer an overnight or a 2-3 day service. This service is Monday to Friday only. Saturday morning delivery is available, you can request a quote but be warned – it can be expensive!
- It is recommended that you are at home for the pallet delivery as it is a kerbside delivery via tail-lift lorry and pallet truck. The pallets are very heavy even with just 10 nets on. They can be dragged onto a driveway depending on clearance, access and surface. Gravel is a no-no.
FREE LOCAL AREA DELIVERY
- The areas in which we offer Free Local Area Delivery are growing with our distribution network. If you are interested in becoming a distributor of reservoir logs then please contact us.
- Our current local delivery areas are postcodes: EH, FK, KY, ML, G – You lucky people!
- Free Local Delivery is currently available on orders over 10 nets delivered to these postcodes. Under 10 nets will give you the courier price.
- For Local Area Delivery options please allow 2-3 working days for delivery from date of order. We also deliver Saturday and Sunday dependent upon holidays and hangovers.
- You do not need to be in for delivery. Please include clear instructions within your order – e.g. “stack to left of front door – tarpaulin under bin”. This is a great help to our distributors. Currently, you can leave instructions using the gift message option before checkout (we’re working on it!).
- When placing your order please give as much information regarding access to your property and where you normally store your firewood. If your log store is not too far from the point of delivery then we are happy to stack them for you.
- Sometimes you will need to be in for delivery if you live in a terraced house or are worried about them being left in the garden. In this case we are happy to arrange a suitable date and time for your firewood delivery. We will correspond with you by your preferred method until a mutually convenient morning or afternoon delivery slot becomes available. This may take a little longer to organise so please allow 5-7 working days for delivery from date of order in this instance.
- If you have stairs we normally charge per 10 nets per stair as the nets are large and heavy. This compensates the driver for the extra labour involved. Please indicate on your order how many flights up and approx amount of stairs and we will get back to you with a reasonable quotation to have them brought to your flat. The cheaper option is to have them delivered to the bottom of your stairwell and you get the excercise!
- Fife and Kinross
- Edinburgh and The Lothians
- North and South Lanarkshire
- Central Region; Falkirk, Stirlingshire, Clackmannanshire
- Glasgow City and Surrounding G Postcodes
reservoir logs have been selling firewood logs and kindling to a growing number of customers since 2008. We have sold firewood in a variety of formats in the past. Including but not limited to:
- Loose Trailer and Tipper Loads
- Bulk Bags / Dumpy Bags / Builders Bags
- Sacks of Logs much like coal sacks
- Net Bags of Logs
We’ve come across every delivery eventuality you can imagine.
We have customers in large country homes who have wide driveways where you can back straight up to the log store and tip the logs straight in. There are customers who live in tenements in the city centre who are up or down several flights of stairs.
It would be expensive to have several different types of transport methods on the road which leads to increased prices for firewood. There are also many health and safety and access difficulties arising from the use of cranes for delivery and potential injury from large scale deliveries involving 3.5 tonne or 7.5 tonne trucks.
Add to these problems the inconvenience of having a large load of logs just “tipped” onto your driveway or onto the public footpath in front of your house. It’s no fun scrabbling around and wheel barrowing back and forward loads of logs to your log store or garage especially if it’s being done to a timescale because it’s raining or snowing!
Our customers have testified to the fact that our equivalent net bag v dumpy bag deliveries give the following benefits:
- “It’s quicker!”
- “It’s cleaner!”
- “How convenient!”
- “Why haven’t I done this before?”
You may be concerned that you won’t get the same amount of logs as you would if you were ordering a bulk bag and that it will cost you more because you are buying them bagged in nets.
To this, we answer; do you know what the dimensions of your bulk bag are? What size are the logs and how much space is being wasted within that bag? and; our business is to bag logs and sell them to you at a consistent price so that you have no fear of being short-changed with every load you get. With net bags you know how many you are getting, what’s in them and this shouldn’t change with each and every delivery you receive from us.